Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Top Users Recent Messages Terms of service

Advanced

Re: When are you coming to Crete (again) in 2016?

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Home
Photos
Maps

AnnouncementsLast Post
Announcementalertalertalert We have moved to a new forum alertalertalert15/11/2015 21:39
When are you coming to Crete (again) in 2016?
27 October, 2015 21:25

Poll
51 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
When are you coming to Crete (again) in 2016?

Dear Crete-lovers,

It is time again for our annual poll, to let us know when your upcoming trip to Crete is planned for the new year 2016.

2015 was a chaotic year for the room business in Sfakia. The 2 elections and the economic crisis have made it a very unpredictable year, with unusually quiet periods and very busy ones.

We are curious to hear what your plans are for the next year, so please let us know here.

Thank you for your cooperation!

All the best,

Erno
webmaster Sfakia-Crete.com
28 October, 2015 19:37

We enjoyed so much this year (September / October) that we have booked to return at the end of June 2016.relax
05 November, 2015 21:55

I will give it another try in May. A death in the family meant that I had cancelled this year's trip .. first year not to Crete since the 90's.
05 November, 2015 22:00

My condolences, Mike. I already wondered what had happened to you.

All the best,

Erno
webmaster Sfakia-Crete.com
06 November, 2015 10:27

Thanks Erno. It has been a strange situation, with mixed feelings. My mother had Parkinson's disease and the degeneration into dementia was not a pleasant thing to see. So on the one hand there was the loss, partly offset by the long waiting for the end to come. In a way, you become prepared for it. But at the same time there was a sense of relief that it was all over, for everyone involved.

I had a nice experience with Ryanair. I contacted customer service about 2 weeks before my supposed departure for Chania, asking whether I should inform Ryanair that I couldn't make the flight. That wasn't necessary, but the service rep told me that I might be entitled to a bereavement refund, something that I didn't know about.

I went to a web page the rep had given me, and completed the refund request. A day later I received two emails. The first said that my request had been received and that it could take up to 7 days to have the request evaluated. The second email informed me that my refund request had been approved. Three days later the money was back in my account. I'm sure this was just Ryanair being businesslike and efficient - credit enough to them for that. But, under the circumstances, it felt like an act of kindness.
11 November, 2015 13:38

My sincere condolences, Mike. It is never easy to lose a parent, no matter what the circumstances. I hope 2016 will be a better, happier year for you.
Home
Photos
Maps

Sfakia-Crete-Forum.com - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 926, Posts: 3,200, Users: 331.
Our newest member Hannes.

This forum
Topics: 675, Posts: 2,502.

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Guests at the same time: 91 on 17 June, 2016

< Back to the Sfakia-Crete.com Main Page

Last update: 27 July, 2015.

Copyright © Sfakia-Crete-Forum.com 1999 - 2015. All rights reserved.