jimb wrote:Hi Seth.
That is a nuisance right enough. If the Daskaloyannis was to over night in Agia Roumelli then that would be the answer to your prayers. The captain might not be that keen, apart from the nightlife the jetty at Agia Roumelli can be a bit exposed and if the wind was to come to blow up overnight then it would be all hands on deck to take it further out to sea. It looks like the water taxi. You could also consider going to Sougia/ Paleochora on your first and last night and come down to Agia Roumelli that way, but that is starting to get messy. Extra accommodation, taxis, buses etc.
I will be seeking a lazy way out of Agia Roumelli on the 27th, maybe you will have it sorted by then.
jan wrote:If you do think about approaching from the west we'd suggest Paleochora rather than Sougia as your starting point. If the wind did blow up, as happened to us a few years ago, the Samaria could miss out the Sougia stop and go straight from Paleo to Roumeli. That leaves you sitting on the quay at Sougia (no information available there), after the morning bus has left and wondering how to proceed. Our intention was to alight at Roumeli then walk via Sellouda up to Anopolis where our room at Popi's was waiting.
Our anwer was an expensive taxi to Chania and onwards by bus to Anopolis - effectively a wasted day. A friend who'd walked out to Sellouda to meet us was also left sitting, watching the Samaria leave Roumeli for Sfakia and wondering where we'd got to.
So let's hope that Anendyk sort something out for both of you.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests