Sfakia Report Everything you want to ask, read or write about Sfakia, southwest Crete, or Crete island in general.

Jean

Sfakia Report

by Jean » 26 Sep 2019, 15:51

It is wonderful to be back in Sfakia, although the evening I arrived (Tuesday) it rained hard for about a half hour during dinner, so I got blamed for bringing the rain. It was hot today and yesterday, with some clouds over Anopoli.

All is fine in the village, which is busy but not crazily so. New arrivals: Sifis and Poppy from the front supermarket/taxis had a little boy at the beginning of the month, and there is now a third cash machine on the back street between the bakery and supermarket.

On Sunday evening, Giorgos Maggelakis and his group will be playing music at Illingas beach!
Last edited by Jean on 30 Sep 2019, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.

deadeggs

Re: Sfakia Report

by deadeggs » 27 Sep 2019, 07:11

Enjoy your stay and hopefully we'll be spoilt with your great photos.

p.s. looks like the harbour webcam lens needs a clean. For several days the image has been very "foggy".
If you know the person responsible perhaps you could mention it to them.
However, the beach webcam is showing clear, picture postcard images.
Thanks in advance.

Jean

by Jean » 27 Sep 2019, 09:38

I will ask them, but it's very difficult to reach the camera (it is high above my balcony)!

SfakianPie

by SfakianPie » 27 Sep 2019, 15:15

Welcome Jean. We have just arrived after spending four days at Elafonisi. Hope to see you in the village.

Jean

by Jean » 28 Sep 2019, 13:06

deadeggs wrote:
p.s. looks like the harbour webcam lens needs a clean. For several days the image has been very "foggy".
If you know the person responsible perhaps you could mention it to them.

I asked, and they won't be able to clean the harbour camera until they close in November. It involves going up on the roof and risking someone's life to hang over the edge and do the job. Let's hope that before the winter they will find the time and also someone with no fear of heights!