Paleochóra in December 2021 ... Everything you want to ask, read or write about Sfakia, southwest Crete, or Crete island in general.

kokkinos vrachos

Paleochóra in December 2021 ...

by kokkinos vrachos » 05 Jan 2022, 07:57

Kalimera, after the Olive harvest, the Christmas days spent in peace and sun in Paleochóra.

Accommodation as always in the quiet Gavdos district (Gavdiotika) in the Haris Studios, next to the Waters Edge Café, the meeting place of fishermen and freaks and hopeless.

There is nothing more beautiful than enjoying the daily familiar sight from the balcony or terrace on the Krokodeilot / Cape Flomos. This sight is simply priceless. Then the wonderful sunrise.

It was very quiet in Paleochóra. At most a handful of guests, the campsite was full.

On the promenade only had the tavern Odysseia, the Grill House Akrogriali, the Bars Livery and Scale. On the other side of the investor only had the Waters Edge Café.

In the main street, at the intersection, the Agios Bar and Coconuts had opened. Cosmogonia had closed. Of course, the Kafenia had all open.

In the village, the Palm Tree, the Grillhouse Everestfood and in the evening NTakos had been eaten.

On 25.12. (Holiday) had opened the vegetarian restaurant Thirdeye in the evening, M Waters Edge Café was a Christmas menu and in the Atoli there was traditional Cretan live music in the evening.

Two walks I undertook from Azogirés to Anidri. I had made this hike in October 2013, but had the hike but not so beautiful in memory.

Then from Paleochóra to Astropelekita Beach (just before the climb to the Krokodeilos / Cape Flomos to Lissós) and back.

Astropelekita Beach; https://www.cretanbeaches.com/en/sea-to ... ekita-bach

Meanwhile, I would say that Paleochóra in the low season my favorite place is ...

Kalí Chroniá, kv
"I hope nothing, I fear nothing, I am free."
Nikos Kazantzakis

Birgitta

Re: Paleochóra in December 2021 ...

by Birgitta » 06 Jan 2022, 13:39

My favorite place also!
I am still here and living on Haris Studios and Waters Edge Cafe on sunday.
So perhaps we have meets?
Birgitta.

kokkinos vrachos

Re: Paleochóra in December 2021 ...

by kokkinos vrachos » 06 Jan 2022, 18:18

Kalispera Birgitta, I was sitting on 25.12. In the Waters Edge Cafe next to you ....

Kalo Vradi, kv
"I hope nothing, I fear nothing, I am free."
Nikos Kazantzakis