Ferry tickets after passing Samaria Gorge Everything you want to ask, read or write about Sfakia, southwest Crete, or Crete island in general.

Erno
Site Admin

Ferry tickets after passing Samaria Gorge

by Erno » 30 Aug 2019, 09:52

ferry-tickets-agia-roumeli.jpg

ANENDYK would like to inform all customers travelling with our ferry boats after passing through the Samaria Gorge, that the issue of tickets is possible only at our ticket office near the port in Agia Roumeli.

In general, ANENDYK also states:

The issue and receipt of tickets is done exclusively in ticket offices and travel agencies in points of departure.

You can find photos and contact info of all ANENDYK ticket offices here:

https://anendyk.gr/?page_id=117
All the best,

Erno
webmaster Sfakia-Crete.com

Gerrit

Re: Ferry tickets after passing Samaria Gorge

by Gerrit » 31 Aug 2019, 16:07

Interesting, but what is new? What made Anendyk decide to issue this message ??
Is someone taking their clients??
Greetz Gerrit

Ian

by Ian » 13 Oct 2019, 10:40

When I was in Omalos in late September I discovered the reason.

There is a large sign outside the café at the top of the gorge telling people walking down to buy their ferry tickets inside. The tickets they are selling are only for the Nen Kriti boats and not the larger Anendyk ferries. I was even approached by a man from the café telling me that I should buy my ferry tickets inside before walking down.

Down in Agia Roumeli I saw people trying to get on the Anendyk ferries with the tickets they had been sold at the café after the Nen Kriti ferries had already left.

Ian.

rambler

by rambler » 14 Oct 2019, 22:42

I noticed the Xyloskala cafenion was selling NEN tickets. After walking the gorge we bought tickets for the Anne n Dick ferry to Loutro & then walked over towards the 2 NEN ferries on the west end of the beach at Agia Roumeli about 1700 hours just to have a look. About 6 people past me running towards the NEN ferries & as I turned around to walk back to the village at least another 10 persons were also running towards that same way & another 2 running along the beach waving there arms trying to catch the ferry. It seems to me that either the Xyloskala cafe is not telling the ferry ticket buyers exactly where the NEN ferries go from OR that people are told but do not understand. Either way there needs to be a notice on the road near the entrance to Agia Roumeli explaining in several languages where the 2 companies ferries depart from & the cafe at Xyloskala needs to explain to the people buying the NEN tickets exactly the same. It takes about 15 - 20 mins to walk from the village along a very sandy bulldozed track to the NEN ferries. On another seperate point I noticed the ANENDYK ferry Agia Roumeli rolls like a pig & is not easy to board in any swell because of this. Dave