Accommodation in Livaniana Everything you want to ask, read or write about Sfakia, southwest Crete, or Crete island in general.

deadeggs

Accommodation in Livaniana

by deadeggs » 03 Jul 2016, 16:30

Could anybody advise if there is any accommodation (B&B etc.) available in Livaniana? We passed through the village last year whilst hiking and had a very pleasant pause at the taverna. This year we would like to stay if there is any accommodation available in the village. It would be for October 2016.

jan

Re: Accommodation in Livaniana

by jan » 04 Jul 2016, 10:33

As far as I'm aware there is no accommodation in Livaniana. The village is now all-but deserted.

The nearest places to stay would be on the coast at Lykos (the Small Paradise and the other two tavernas-with-rooms). As I expect you know, from there you caneasily walk up to Livaniana on the old donkey trail.

Jan

rambler

by rambler » 04 Jul 2016, 10:37

I have never seen accomodation 'advertised' as I have walked through the village, I did speak to a girl I saw who was staying in a house there but I think she said it was owned by a group of friends.
If you can't get any answers to this perhaps the option would be to ask via this forum if anyone is passing or going to the Taverna to ask Eike if she knows of accomodation?
Good Luck Dave

mike

by mike » 04 Jul 2016, 14:06

I have never heard of there ever being tourist accommodation in Livaniana.

I assume your idea was to find something above the coast yet with a sea view? Nice idea, but not yet possible.

If you thought of staying somewhere that isn't a tourist resort (sea view optional), then (i) the Alonia rooms in Ag. Ioannis will introduce you to how empty small-village life is, or (ii) go up to Anopoli for a more active and lived-in feel.

deadeggs

by deadeggs » 05 Jul 2016, 07:36

Many thanks for all the information. It is what we had thought, that is, there is no accommodation in Livaniana. It's a pity as it would be a very peaceful place to stay. Mabe on day somebody will set up a small and simple B&B.
Again, thanks for all your information.

kokkinos vrachos

by kokkinos vrachos » 02 Jul 2022, 08:58

Kalimera Livanianá and Ágios Ioánnis are my favorite villages in Sfakia.

In the meantime there is accommodation (unfortunately not very cheap) in Livanianá. The Manousoudakis family, the owners of the Akrogiali tavern of Lykos beach, runs the "Villas Livaniana" (2 apartments) in Livanianá.

https://livaniana.gr/en/

Only a handful of people live here. In the census of 1821 there were still 170 inhabitants, in 1823 there were still 107 inhabitants.

Ta Leme, kv
"I hope nothing, I fear nothing, I am free."
Nikos Kazantzakis