photo of the old harbour Everything you want to ask, read or write about Sfakia, southwest Crete, or Crete island in general.

jean h

photo of the old harbour

by jean h » 18 Jun 2021, 16:03

Just got this photo from Giannis Fasoulis of the old harbour from the Lefka Ori restaurant, showing some tourists on the Neptune. It's so nice to get another view of our favourite place, but oh how much we wish we were there!

image0.jpeg

Chris-Scone

Re: photo of the old harbour

by Chris-Scone » 19 Jul 2021, 13:44

Jean. I feel your pain!! We miss everything Frangocastello and Sfakia offer too. The smiles, the smells, the warmth, the food.....I could go on. Here's to 2022, incompetent politicians allowing! As I say to people who ask about the area, 'It has everything you need and nothing you don't'.

Marie and Andrew

Re: photo of the old harbour

by Marie and Andrew » 20 Jul 2021, 17:38

Hello Jean,
That was a lovely picture Giannis Fasoulakis send to you. We always take the Neptune when we are going to Loutro. Our friend Birgitta from Umea north of Sweden were in Chora Sfakion 6-10 of July and wrote to us and said it was really many tourists everywhere. She was surprised because she usually is coming in April and October, and because of covid-19 she came now in July instead, and did not think that it would be so many people there. It is nice that Giannis Fasoulakis and his fiancee Marita Pantalou has got the nice little bar next to the restaurant now and are running it.

Best regards and send our greetings to Peter

Marie and Andrew