Passenger Locator Form: QR code Everything you want to ask, read or write about Sfakia, southwest Crete, or Crete island in general.

bust68@gmail.com

Passenger Locator Form: QR code

by bust68@gmail.com » 07 Jul 2020, 06:34

Hello,

What happens if you do not receive a QR code from the PLF form on time or at don't receive it at all ?

Children age 14 will also be tested ?

D

Erno
Site Admin

Re: Passenger Locator Form: QR code

by Erno » 07 Jul 2020, 09:00

All travellers are obliged to complete their PLF at least 48 hours before entering the country.

* Travellers will receive a confirmation email upon submission of the PLF.
* Travellers will receive the PLF with the QR code one day before their scheduled arrival in Greece and will be notified via email.

All the best,

Erno
webmaster Sfakia-Crete.com

rambler

by rambler » 07 Jul 2020, 10:48

I have just filled-in the PLF , so here are a few things you will need to know about filling in the form if arriving by air. Passport No, Airline company & flight No, arrival airport. Full address of first nights accomodation. An emergency contact together with their name, home & mobile phone Nos, their town & country. Some small details of travelling companions either same household or a different section for non-household companions ( this I found rather confusing be warned!)
The rather worrying thing is that people with no knowledge of digital technology or access to it will probably not be able to get the 'QR code' needed to get into Greece unless they have a travelling companion who does. Dave

Erno
Site Admin

by Erno » 08 Jul 2020, 10:05

Changes to PLF form for travelers to Greece - 8 July, 2020

All travelers to Greece will be required to fill in the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) 24 hours – not 48 hours as was the case until now – prior to travel starting July 9, the Greek Civil Aviation (HCAA) authority announced on Monday.

More specifically, as of Thursday and through to 31 August 2020, all incoming passengers from destinations abroad will have to complete the PLF form 24 hours before check in. Travelers will be guided through the online procedure which includes the provision of a QR passenger code that must be presented, either via mobile phone or in printed format upon arrival at Greek ports, airports, and border check points.

According to the HCAA, testing for Covid-19 will be carried out based on health ministry, National Public Health Organization (EODY), and General Secretariat for Civil Protection guidelines.

The change was made to allow for last-minute bookings.

The PLF form can be found here: https://travel.gov.gr/#/form

From: https://news.gtp.gr/2020/07/07/changes- ... rs-greece/
All the best,

Erno

bust68@gmail.com

by bust68@gmail.com » 08 Jul 2020, 10:30

hello

I did the PLFa few days ago for travelling on sunday 12th july
Do I need to do it again (because of the change to 24 hours)?

greetings

Danny

Erno
Site Admin

by Erno » 08 Jul 2020, 10:34

If you got the confirmation email already: then not again.

* Travellers will receive a confirmation email upon submission of the PLF.
All the best,

Erno

rambler

by rambler » 08 Jul 2020, 21:21

I would have thought that the time mentioned (48hrs now 24 hrs) is not when the form should be filled-in but should read 'fill form in up until 24 hrs before departure'. There are no medical questions on this form. If one had to fill in an online form 24 hrs before dept this would mean alot of form filling on your way to an airport which doesn't seem to make sense to me??????????????????? Dave

TAFF

by TAFF » 15 Aug 2020, 09:15

Have seen on the forum elsewhere that if you have your confirmation email and are waiting for QR code ......they will accept the email and let you board if code is late turning up Taff

Aradena

by Aradena » 16 Aug 2020, 17:59

Not on the airplane. On the ferry yes.

mike

by mike » 17 Aug 2020, 18:04

Taff:

Yes, by airplane according to this site

https://travel.gov.gr/#/

Travelers boarding or embarking on the previous day of the arrival will be allowed to do so upon showing the confirmation email, since they will receive their QR code during their flight or voyage.

When you are on the page, scroll down to 'Protocol for air arrivals' and this information is repeated.

The timing of your departure is probably important, since they send the QR code after midnight of the day of your arrival.

The whole matter is confusing for a lot of people, judging by travel forums I have browsed. Not the least of the problems are caused by (erroneous) interpretations of the airline companies themselves. Some issues: whether to include middle initial or full middle name on PLF; whether each person needs separate PLF vs. when/how 1 PLF is good for family; whether 2 people from same address but not family need separate PLFs.

Reports I have read from travelers indicate no problems at entry points. It's getting on the plane at all where the difficulties arise.