Samaria Gorge opened - 27 June, 2020
The Samaria Gorge opened this morning, along the entire length of the main path (Xyloskalo-Agia Roumeli).
A group of 31 people from the Chania National Guard Infantry Battalion were the first hikers of the Samaria National Park at 7 am today.
According to a relevant announcement, the gorge of Samaria is a unique natural ecosystem of incomparable beauty. Crossing it is a very laborious and long process. On the occasion of the start of the visit of the Forest but also of the special conjuncture that we are going through, it is considered necessary to publish some basic remarks for the safety of the public and the protected area.
The Health Protocol for the Samaria Gorge is valid as follows:
• Informing visitors with information signs at the entrances (Xyloskalos and Agia Roumeli) and at the stops and rest areas, within the Gorge, for the observance of the requirements between the reservoirs and the planned health of the visitors. It is recommended to keep distance along the entire length of the path.
• Avoid congestion at ticket entrances and ticket offices.
• The mask for the staff is mandatory in the gathering places of visitors, while the use of a protective mask by the staff is recommended in all places.
• Installation of antiseptic preparations at ticket offices and installation of a protective divider at the ticket offices.
• It is mandatory to use a mask for the drivers of the buses, in any case of transporting visitors.
• Use by visitors of individual packages of antiseptic solutions and their safe use to avoid fire risk.
• Careful hand hygiene is recommended, while the use of protective gloves by staff is optional.
• The public can only walk along the main path and for no reason should leave from the main path.
• It must comply with the provisions of the Operating Regulations of the National Park and the content of the information signs, especially those related to falling stones.
• Visitors must be very careful about causing fire hazards. Smokers should strictly limit smoking to rest areas.
The Samaria Gorge is a great monument of environmental and cultural heritage of our place and, it is necessary to preserve and protect it from all of us, collectively and individually, with a high sense of responsibility and duty.
From: http://www.haniotika-nea.gr/anoixe-to-f ... arias-fot/