Livania cafe Everything you want to ask, read or write about Sfakia, southwest Crete, or Crete island in general.

kokkinos vrachos

Re: Livania cafe

by kokkinos vrachos » 02 Nov 2020, 09:55

Thanks Micki, "the self service is organized by the the owner of the taverna Akrogiali at Lykos beach."

I've already thought of something like that.

many greetings from Hamburg, kv
"I hope nothing, I fear nothing, I am free."
Nikos Kazantzakis

kokkinos vrachos

by kokkinos vrachos » 03 Nov 2020, 09:38

Kalimera, Livanianá is one of my favorite villages on the island.

Only a handful of people still live here. At the census of 1821 there were 170 inhabitants, in 1823 107 inhabitants.

In September 2015 Eike took over the former Kafenieo from Livanianá for 7 years. Before that, Tilmann ran it for several years.

Before Tilmann it was run by the Katounatákis brothers, who were mainly shepherds, and their mother. The specialty was the rabbit stifádo.

In April 2019, after a lot of rain, there was a rockfall / landslide in front of Eike's café.

2 weeks later, Eike closed the café because security in and around the café can no longer be guaranteed. In the past few days, more and more stones have been falling and there will be no solution in the near future.

She thanks all the people who have supported her over the years and wishes everyone a wonderful time in Sfakia.

The cafe was still closed in summer 2020, but drinks were available on a trust basis. Price list hangs on the refrigerator, next to it a box for the coal.

Self-service is organized by the owner of the Akrogiali tavern on Lykos Beach. The Manousoudakis family also runs the Villas Livaniana (2 apartments) in Livanianá.

Ta Leme, kv
Nikos Kazantzakis

kokkinos vrachos

Tavern Livanianá since July again open .....

by kokkinos vrachos » 07 Aug 2021, 06:33

Kalimera, good news from Livanianá, the tavern Livanianá has reopened since July.

Kostas Manousoudakis from the tavern Akrogiali in Lykos / Likos and his Albanian woman now operate the tavern in Livanianá.

The Manousoudakis family also operates the Villas Livaniana (2 Apartments) in Livanianá.

Livanianá is one of my favorite villages on the island.

kaló savvatokyriako! – καλό σαββατοκύριακο, kv
Nikos Kazantzakis

Wolf

by Wolf » 08 Aug 2021, 12:56

Thanks a lot for this fantastic news!!! I've just chatted with Kostas Manousoudakis and he confirmed the news. The Taverna Livaniana is reopened with food and drinks!!!