DVD "Tsatsiki, Father and the Olive War" announced Everything you want to ask, read or write about Sfakia, southwest Crete, or Crete island in general.

Birgitta

Re: DVD "Tsatsiki, Father and the Olive War" announced

by Birgitta » 24 Mar 2016, 05:01

Thank you for the pictures Erno!
Birgitta, soon coming

Peggy

by Peggy » 24 Mar 2016, 11:09

Is there someplace in the Chania Prefecture where this DVD is for sale? My son was a part of the cast while filming in Sfakia/ Maleme and Loutro and I would love, love, love to see the film....understanding that I won't know what is being said...just the mere fact of seeing my son on the screen is enough for this momma. If there isn't somewhere locally to purchase, can someone recommend an online retailer where I can purchase it for shipping? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

In addition: IS there talk of a screening of the film here in Crete? Just curious. Thank you.

Erno
Site Admin

by Erno » 24 Mar 2016, 11:18

Hi Peggy,

The DVD and Blu-ray are currently not available outside the Nordic countries. You can do an internet search for "Tsatsiki, farsan och olivkriget", and try to order it from a Nordic web shop that offers shipping abroad.

The film crew has promised a local screening of the film in Chora Sfakion in May. I have no further details as of yet.
All the best,

Erno
webmaster Sfakia-Crete.com

Lisbeth

by Lisbeth » 24 Mar 2016, 11:33

Some of you have asked if it's possible to buy the dvd. I bought it at the internet from CDON. I guess you can do that from any country

Peggy

by Peggy » 24 Mar 2016, 12:07

Thank you Lisbeth, hopefully I can get one ordered! Looking forward to the May screening as well.

Peggy

by Peggy » 18 Apr 2016, 11:24

Dang - it... still unable to find a copy for purchase. I hope that it is true that there will be a screening in May.

Peggy

by Peggy » 20 May 2016, 06:59

Finally was able to see the film, in Swedish though. It was simply amazing. Love the music, the crew did an amazing job. My son and our family filmed 8 separate days and it was really neat seeing those scenes come to life. An experience of a lifetime!