Jet2 connecting UK with Chania airport Everything you want to ask, read or write about Sfakia, southwest Crete, or Crete island in general.

Erno
Site Admin

Jet2 connecting UK with Chania airport

by Erno » 04 May 2019, 10:45

Jet2 connecting UK with Chania airport - 4 May, 2019

jet2-chania.jpg

The first Jet2 flight from London landed yesterday Friday afternoon at "Daskalogiannis". Representatives of Fraport Greece and the Chania Hoteliers Association welcomed passengers with Cretan music and treat.

General Director of Commercial and Business Development of Fraport Greece, Giorgos Vilos, in his statements stressed that "we welcome Jet2 at Chania Airport. It is an important day for Chania because a new airline will connect Chania airport with four cities in Britain: Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and London, of which is the first flight we have today." "As a whole, Jet2 will offer 50,000 seats in the summer" (combined arrivals and departures), "linking Chania with these four cities six times a week and this is undoubtedly a positive development."

For his part, Maniolis Giannoulis, Chief of the Hotel Association of Chania, noted that "we welcome Jet2, a very important British company, both at the airline level - Jet2.com is a very important airline that is fast growing - and for the tour operators, for whom Jet2 is a major "player" in the English market. It is an important development for tourism in the prefecture of Chania, we have negotiated for the past two years, we have had many talks to convince them that Chania is a right destination to invest in".

He added that "this year they offer 50,000 seats", pointing out that "I hope, at least I have this information, that the seat occupation will be significant and very high in order to create the basis for even greater co-operation in the next years. In general I would say that it is a development that the Prefecture of Chania favours".

From: https://www.parakritika.gr/foto-i-jet2- ... -vretania/
All the best,

Erno
webmaster Sfakia-Crete.com