Hotel Samaria renovated this winter Everything you want to ask, read or write about Sfakia, southwest Crete, or Crete island in general.

Erno
Site Admin

Hotel Samaria renovated this winter

by Erno » 05 Nov 2018, 11:21

Hotel Samaria renovated this winter - 5 November, 2018

All rooms of Hotel Samaria in Chora Sfakion will be completely renovated this winter. After the work has been done, the rooms will be luxurious, and they will aim at a 'higher' segment of tourists. The new room rates are reflecting that, and can now be found here:

https://www.hotel-samaria-sfakia-crete.com/

Hotel Samaria is also from last late summer offering a brand new luxury apartment in Chora Sfakion's back street, specially suited for couples. It is called the No Problem - apartment. It costs around Euro 150 - 175 total per night, and looks like this:

no-problem-apartment.jpg
All the best,

Erno
webmaster Sfakia-Crete.com

deadeggs

Re: Hotel Samaria renovated this winter

by deadeggs » 06 Nov 2018, 10:43

Looks super nice but did they run out of money and had no money left to put a wall around the bathroom? Not too private taking your bath/shower in the middle of the bedroom and in front of a big window. Or maybe this is the new trend in decor that I haven't caught up with yet :-)

Erno
Site Admin

by Erno » 06 Nov 2018, 10:56

The No Problem apartment also features a separate shower, with walls and milk glass doors.

no-problem-apartment2.jpg
All the best,

Erno

robo

by robo » 06 Nov 2018, 18:27

Won't be bothering me, I'm definitely in the 'lower' segment of tourists - don't think they'd appreciate my boots and backpack in there :)

Marie and Andrew

by Marie and Andrew » 07 Nov 2018, 19:39

Hello Erno,
Yes we were told by the staff last Sunday when we were going back home to Sweden and wanted to book a room for next spring that they will renovate the rooms this winter, and that we have to wait to book and contact them after the renovation for a price for 2019.

So we wonder if the pricelist which was shown and we even checked ourselves on their website and are correct because for example our triple room we just had is only going to cost 3€ more per night after the renovation in 2019. Which does not seem realistic.

Also we fail to see why these incredible charming rooms need too bee renovated. They are perfect as they are as far as we are concerned. We will see how it goes.

Best regards

Andrew and Marie

Erno
Site Admin

by Erno » 07 Nov 2018, 19:58

Hello Andrew and Marie,

The new prices shown on their website are correct, as the manager sent them to me personally. The old price of a triple used to be Euro 45 per night, next year it will be Euro 60. Or with breakfast included Euro 57 / Euro 75.

They want to upgrade their hotel rooms, to be in line with their upgraded restaurant.
All the best,

Erno