3D (Anaglyph) photos of archaeological sites About Sfakia and Crete's rich history. Ancient maps, monuments, paintings, archaeological finds, old photos, archives, and history books and articles.

mike

3D (Anaglyph) photos of archaeological sites

by mike » 14 Apr 2017, 17:14

I have learned that I have difficulty making sense of even my own photos of archaeological sites in/around Sfakia. I am always dependent on the lighting conditions at whatever time of day I happen to be somewhere. Cloudy conditions or midday overhead sun provide almost no contrast to distinguish one pile of grey rocks from another.

To get around this I have gotten into the habit of taking stereo photos. Here are a few examples, for those of you lucky enough to have stereo red/cyan viewing glasses.

An overview of the Anopoli acropolis, chapel/fort in distance:
Photo1.JPG

A view of lower acropolis area, an alleyway visible at left, between walls of living compounds:
Photo2.JPG

The area across the road from Ekaterini. Big wall runs to pile of rubble, ruined structure in middle distance behind rubble pile:
Photo3.JPG

Part of multi-room structure on Sfakia plain, area dated Prehistoric/Roman:
Photo4.JPG

I have no idea what this is. Might be a dog house:
Photo5.JPG

An ancient (seasonal?) living/work station up at Sfakiano gorge rim, well-built walls of structure and fence/compound wall:
Photo6.JPG

House wall, below Ag Ioannis towards Sellouda, the area dated Roman to Turkish period:
Photo7.JPG

rick

Re: 3D (Anaglyph) photos of archaeological sites

by rick » 15 Apr 2017, 07:42

I've got those glasses! Wow... very cool.